This or That

When you 1st arrive to an old folks home, what does your heart tells you?

“oh gosh, what a pity!”

“the kids of these grannies are so disappointing”


But have you ever thought that sometimes, we can’t just blame their children for not being filial. Sometimes, it is NOT as what it seems. Let me share with you something based on a true story..

A lady who’s a hair dresser namely A, got married to a man who’s much elder than her. A has been filial all these while and would always try her best to take good care of her in-laws. Unfortunately, her father-in-law was attacked by some kind of sickness..Half paralysed currently..Hence, each time, the siblings of A’s husband would alternately take good care of their father. Till one day, when A’s mother-in-law (wife of the sick man) decided to send her very own husband to the old folks home.

I don’t really get the point here. The grannies we usually see in the old folks are often abandoned by their children who gave up on them. But the case here is completely different. It was a suggestion from his very own wife. I simply felt sad for him.

He was not given an opportunity to enjoy the rest of his life with his filial sons and daughters but to live in the old folks home with despair.

This somehow taught me a lot. I realized how much time left I have for my grannies.

Time left…..Time left…….The next thing I know, it’s very little left..And I do mean, LITTLE!

With that, I am going to make every trip back hometown beneficial. To appreciate every moment together. Not only that, I also realized how appreciative my uncles and aunties are now than before. They actually took the effort to drive all the way from Penang, just to pay a visit to their mom (my grandma) in Taiping. They happily spent their time reminiscing moments they had when they were younger during dinner. It feels so great having to see my grandma smiling all the way. Although my grandma’s past may be bitter due to the death of her husband (my grandpa) leaving 9 kids behind, but it was those ‘bitter guard’ moments that held those 9 kids strong together. And here they are, as successful businessman, etc.etc.

In a nutshell, do appreciate those by your side. Regardless, they are still our family, ALWAYS.

1 comments:

In relation to this post and the previous post, our lives are filled with joyous and upsetting moments. But there's a problem:

Without upsetting moments, there will not be joyous moments

And the reason is this: without tasting bitter, there's no way that we can taste sweetness. If you don't know how bitter tastes like, you will not know if you've only tasted sweetness. Likewise, a person will not know what hardship is like until he really faces hardship

Sadhu for continuously learning ^.^

 

Post a Comment