My friends who did know me well enough would notice that I don't like talking on the phone..Phone calls are a no-no for me..Well, there are actually many reasons to why I hate LONG phone calls...
1. The phone heats up your ear, it's painful towards the end of the conversation (too much of infrared I suppose)
2. It's a big interruption especially when you're eating/sleeping (at least you can take your time to reply sms-es after you finish your meal/nap - although I can't deny that at times, some phone calls are emergency..I wouldn't mind that)
3. The message conveyed isn't clear..You can't exactly hear a person when the background is terribly noisy..
4. We assume things which can cause lots of misunderstanding (you can't exactly see their expression while they were talking)
5. Lotsa interference while talking..
Just a small Example ...
Tommy : Hey there
Laura : Hi darling
Tommy : Guess what..today......
-interfered by Laura-
Laura : So how ya today..?
Tommy answered 'fine' simultaneously as Laura was saying 'ops, sorry for interfering'
Tommy : er, whatca say?
Laura : oh nothing, you say 1st
Tommy : nono, you say 1st..
So you see what I mean?
6. Line cuts off in the middle of the conversation (regardless it was the line problem/that person's credit 'kong')
In conclusion, a phone call does annoy me sometimes due to reasons above..